There’s a posh dinner out looming. You’ve been talking about it for weeks, and the table is all booked. But what on Earth do you wear!?
I always panic, because I want something to be comfortable in if I’m eating loads, but still look chic. Jeans from Topshop are perfect because they have forgiving stretchy waists but still fit snugly, flattering the legs and bum. Team it with a loose cami (everything today is from Topshop for easy shopping!) and grab a cardi if it’s a chilly evening. A roomy clutch means you can put your make up in as well for touch ups, without making it bulge unattractively. Chunky jewellery and some pointed toe shoes finish the look.
I’ve also put together a simple make-up bag for you – go with Clinique Superbalanced foundation for a smooth, even finish and excellent cover up (if you suffer from shine, try patting some No7 Perfect Light pressed powder, £11.50, on problem areas – it comes in a handy compaq with a mirror for touching up throughout the evening). The Topshop Waterproof liner (in Gunpowder, for a softer look than true black) is great for smudging for a smoky eye or using for cat-eye flicks, and the Max Factor Clump Defy mascara gives you great definition. Finish off with a slick of clear lip gloss – so you don’t leave stains around the glass but still have a shine!
1. Kimono bloom v-neck cami, Topshop, £26
2. Floral laser cut clutch, Topshop, £28
3. Goslin T-bar points, Topshop, £68
4. MOTO black high waisted Jamie jeans, Topshop, £40
5. Large chunky chain necklace, Topshop, £20
6. Leaf band ring, Topshop, £4
1. Clinique Superbalanced Makeup Foundation, Boots, £22
2. Max Factor Clump Defy waterproof mascara, Boots, £10.99
3. Waterproof liner in Gunpowder, Topshop, £5
4. Lancôme Color Fever Gloss, Boots, £20
5. Holographic Nails in Moondance, Topshop, £6