I’ve been invited to a – *gulp* – 1940s themed wedding reception. So it made me realise that all these themed parties can be a minefield when it comes down to what to wear. Here’s my picks to dress like you’re in the 1940s! I tend to scour the internet for vintage finds (Etsy is great as well as there are lots of sellers who make vintage-style things) and team it with modern basics from the likes of New Look and Topshop. Luckily, the 1940s is one of my favourite eras in fashion, so this was huge amounts of fun!
1. The “Ella” dress, Revival-Retro.com, £135
2. 1940s black textured envelope bag, SecondHandRoseWorc on Etsy, £20
3. Black Mary-Jane Mid Heel Court Shoes, New Look, £17.99
4. Winter white vintage gloves, Stardust Vintage, £18
5. Jonathan Aston Seam and Lycra hold ups, MyTights, £11