I love the sun – I’m a huge Summer fan, and at the first hint of heat and sunshine I’m digging out the Summer wardrobe and arranging picnics and barbecues and visits to the pub garden. Which is why you always need an outfit on hand. Barbecues are difficult, because they usually last all day, and then when the sun goes down it gets cold, so you need to have a back-up so you’re not left shivering. I love a cardi (try a plain one from River Island) because it squashes right down into your bag and goes with nearly everything, but with this I recommend a little denim jacket. Make sure you have a big bag to bring your bottle of wine and suncream in, and don’t forget the sunglasses.
1. Border floral dress, Warehouse, £45
2. Blue light wash denim jacket, Dorothy Perkins, £35
3. Colour flash round plastic sunglasses, Accessorize, £12
4. Limited tan leather caged sandals, New Look, £34.99
5. Sloane cut out detail tote, Accessorize, £55