Blue doesn’t just have to be about denim. Whether you opt for muted navy, or bright sapphire, blue is having its comeback. Try to blend it with simple colours – creams and nudes work particularly well, as well as blending different shades of blue – and make an eye-popping blue outfit the centre of attention.
1. Warehouse jacquard dress, £45
2. Oasis blue stone set bracelet watch, £35
3. Topshop Nails in Stolen Sapphire, £5
4. Oasis ponte jacket,
5. River Island blue pointed ankle boots,
6. New Look Kelly Brook blue rose and bird print halterneck bikini (top £16.99, bottoms £10.99)
7. New Look navy lace bubble hem top, £8.99
8. Dorothy Perkins navy scalloped collar jacket, £24
9. Accessorize mari tote, £39
If you’re nervous of too-bright a colour, stick to darker shades, or add a bright accessory. Looking for more inspiration? Try the Warehouse January Blues edit. You can also try prints – there are a lot of blue-based printed tops, like this one from New Look that gives a nod to the trend, as well as hitting the right notes with the swallow print and Peter Pan collar.