There’s nothing I like more than feeling chic and ladylike. Which is why I’m so pleased to see that stylish, feminine collections are appearing on the catwalks again. Keep lines smooth and definite, accentuate the waist, keep the accessories clean, and Ta Da! you have the ladylike look down. Colour block, patent shoes and bags are the easiest way to make an outfit chic, and invest in a fitted jacket – it will be a wardrobe staple! When it comes to patterns, try not to choose a statement one – florals, and subtle prints are timeless and you’ll get more wear for your money; think Chanel for your designer inspiration.
1. Topshop Aztec boucle jacket, £68
2. Topshop pleated panel midi dress, £42
3. Topshop metal arm chunky cateye sunglasses, £16
4. Topshop Ostrich zip around holdall, £45
5. Warehouse blue pleated hem colourblocked dress, £60
6. Warehouse placement floral jumper,
7. Oasis lace collar sleeveless top, £35
8. Oasis clean wrap skirt, £38
9. ASOS leather front pocket detail shopper, £75
10. River Island blue Chelsea Girl daisy print shirt dress, £25
11. River Island light orange snake panel pointed court shoes, £50
Topshop have a gorgeous Debutante collection to inspire you, but if you have a few extra pennies to spend, head over to Karen Millen for some truly ladylike style. And don’t forget your hosiery if you’re going to be wearing all these skirts and dresses – MyTights.com offer everything from hold-ups and stockings, to patterned tights to retro-inspired seamed stockings. Use Dita Von Teese for some truly glamorous, vintage inspiration.